As part of our management services, we monitor over a dozen server health metrics. By keeping track of things like swap usage, resource loads, mail queue depth and more, our team of systems administrators often spot issues before they become failures. Should failures occur, our team can focus on fixing the issues rather than worrying about maintenance items. This allows us to resolve most service outages in minutes. We don’t have to stop and apply six months of OS updates to see if a known bug is the issue.
SINC utilizes a secure link between mission critical IT business network functions and our own monitoring tools which are hosted on dedicated servers. This implements a complete system scan of your servers to check and provide among other things, the following criteria:
- update all Microsoft patches per recommended guidlines
- patch internet facing programs such as Acrobat, Apple, Chrome, Flash, Firefox, Java, Opera, Safari and Skype so you’re always up to date and protected.
- ensure your server is healthy and not experiencing any disk related issues.
- monitor and alert for hacking/intrusion attempts
- provide hardware and software audits as needed per site
- automatically purge of unneeded log or system files
- advise on other vulnerabilities from the system configuration
- plan and budget for proactive server replacement