As the old saying goes, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. This holds especially true to your businesses’s network and servers. Regular maintenance is vital to ensure that your network and servers are achieving their full potential, extend the lifespan of your equipment, and to catch any minor issues before they grow into big problems for you and your business. SINC’s network and server maintenance procedures ensure that your network and servers continue to perform effectively and efficiently, and prevent any catastrophic failures that could result in any downtime, or lost data.
SINC’s Windows remote server maintenance guidelines.
Standard System Checks
- Verify that virus definitions are up to date.
- Audit system users to ensure adherence to virus policy.
- Verify that Windows patches and critical fixes are up-to-date and installed.
- Check event log for errors. Basic fixes to an event log error are handled remotely. Other fixes requiring an on-site technician visit.
- Check system resources for availability and suggest ways to improve resource management. System resources include:
- Hard Drive(s)
- Monitor the operating system for unnecessary services or applications, and suggest ways to improve performance.
- Monitor and collect data to trend Memory, CPU and disk utilization. The trends allow proactive suggestions for hardware resource management.